Monday, July 12, 2010

Letterboxing - 2nd Attempt - MISSION FAILED!

Well our second attempt to locate a letterbox was not a success, but we still had a great time! We arrived on Sunday afternoon around 3:30 and had a quick picnic lunch. Man was it hot! The clues for this letterbox said it was located in Clinton Park like the first one. The directions had us going deep into the woods, we followed the clues and we were beginning to think we were not going the right way, so we turned around and started over!


Ella, Murphy and I decided to sit by the pond and watch the frogs while Keith & Parker started the hike again. They called me about 5 minutes later and said they had found the correct path all the way back into the rocky flats area. And let me just say - those rocks were so hot the heat was radiating from them. I bet we could have cooked our lunch on them! Poor little Murphy, was pooped! He was so hot I was really worried about him. Keith had dug all around in the place it was suppose to be, I was really nervous he was going to stir up a snake!!! Parker had already ripped his shirt off and Ella was begging to take hers off. I told her that little girls do not take their shirts off, She came back with, "Well I don't have boobies yet!"

Well after poking around awhile we decided the box was not there, maybe someone found it by accident and took it! So we started our journey back - with Ella whining that she was too hot and that she could not take another step. Well she and Murphy felt the same - we got ready to walk and Murphy just laid down, so Keith picked him up and put him in his backpack, I so wished I would have taken a picture! Parker was leading the pack with his shirt on his head and "staff" in hand looking like he was about to part the Red Sea. (should have gotten a picture of him as well)

We finally made it back to the car dripping with sweat, the first thing I did was pull up the clues on my phone and email the folks who placed the box, to see if it had been removed or if we were looking in the wrong area.

Later that evening I received an email from the "placer" - She said that she has been meaning to remove the link, she thinks the box was lost in the flood in September!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Cow - so we looked in those woods for 3 hours and the box was not there and has not been for 10 months!!! Too funny! At least we got some good exercise in!!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment