Friday, September 4, 2009

The Crazy Night Man

Well last night we all hung out and watched TV in the family room, both kids were out pretty early. Parker was asleep by me on the sofa and Ella was piled on top of Keith in the recliner. Let me start off by saying when Parker is asleep he is out of this world into a whole other dimension! I mean it's like he has been given anesthesia - when you try and wake him up he talks about the craziest things and is just completely limp.
With that being said I know I am up for a challenge when tying to rouse him to go upstairs to get in his bed. The boy is 74lbs and I just can not carry him. I call his name a couple of times, give him a little nudge.....nothing! I then grab both of his arms and pull him up while saying, "Parker look at me, it's Mommy, I need you to get up and walk upstairs to your bed" He looks at me smiles and goes back to his comatose state. I try again, " Parker baby, Mommy can't carry you please get up" I pull him up to his feet his head bobbles around and I get him walking leading him by the hand. We make it over to the steps and I see that his eyes are closed, I tell him that he has to open his eyes and take a step. Well 15 steps later we finally make it to the top, at this point his eyes are open and I think he is good to go. I say to him, "Ok buddy go get in your bed, love you!" I go to my room to fold some towels on the bed and then walk to Ella's room to get her clothes ready for the morning and to make sure her bed is ready for her when Keith brings her up. Keith gets her into bed I give her a kiss on the forehead and tell her goodnight. I turn her light off and walk around to Park's room and look in the bed and he is not in there!!!!!!!!!!! I think to myself, "Oh dear, he must have laid in the floor." I walk around the bed and do not see him anywhere. I walk outside his room and say to Keith, "I can't find Parker" and out of the corner of my eye I see movement in the office!!! His head popped up- He had went into the office pulled the chair out and sat down and laid his head on the desk and went back to sleep!!!! When he lifted his head silver glitter was falling off because earlier that day I had made a sign for cheerleading. It was so funny!!! I am so glad that I went and checked on him or he might have had a crick in his neck this morning!



If only I would have taken a picture!!!!! Darn it - I couldn't quit laughing long enough to think about getting a picture! Oh well here is a picture of him anyway so you can get a visual of his cute little face!!!

1 comment:

  1. How Funny! Maybe Parker and Chad are related after all!!!

    ReplyDelete