Friday, September 11, 2009

Still hurts after 8 years...........

Doesn't it seem like just yesterday that this horrific assault took place against our country. I don't know about you but I still tear up every time I see images like the above. It just breaks my heart to think of the innocent loss of lives. The picture  below is one that is just mind boggling.
I say to myself, "How bad were things inside to think that jumping would be a better option!" Or maybe he fell - either way HOW SAD!!! I pray that God came and swept him away before he began to fall and also that the family never saw this photo. Oh how AWFUL!
And so many times we get caught up in all that happened at the World Trade Center that we often forget about the other 2 attacks.
 Exactly one hour after the WTC North Tower was hit, Flight 77 crashes into The Pentagon.
All 58 passengers, four flight attendants, and both pilots on board, as well as 125 occupants of the Pentagon, died. Thanks to the quick thinking Military and civilians running up and down the corridors yelling for people to get out helped to save a lot of lives.
Lastly when United Flight 93  took off, it began a journey that would end not in San Francisco, as planned, or smashing into some Washington target, but in an aching glory. No one will ever know exactly what happened on that plane but the key to whatever took place on Flight 93 may be the 41 minutes it sat on the ground. It gave the passengers enough time to hear about the three other hijacked planes that smashed into the World Trade Center and Pentagon that morning.
Below are pictures of the Hero's that confronted the planes hijackers:
Without these 5 courageous men- there would have been even more devastation and loss.
God Bless these men and the families they left behind!
I hope that you will take a moment today to pray for our country and for those families of lost loved ones. I pray that we will never forget September 11th and how it changed our country forever!
I leave you with a couple of images that make my heart smile - that remind me that those men and women were never alone in their last moments. God was right there with them, comforting them and taking them home!
This is a cross that was uncovered under all of the rubble and debris:
God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment