Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sounds like a Great Job, well maybe not!

I have always thought it would be so cool to be a Drug Rep. They all dress so cute, in their top notch business suites and their oh so cute heels and they all have the most perfect shiny hair- Have you ever noticed? They beebop in the doctors offices with the biggest smiles on their faces like life just couldn't get any better. Call the Doctors by their first names, bring the staff all kinds of treats- it just seems like the most perfect job.

Well I found the downside to the job.......while sitting in the waiting room of the Gastroenterologist (after flipping through every Chron's, Colitis & IBS magazine - apparently it is against the rules to have any normal magazines like Southern Living or Family Circle in there) The door opens and in comes this tall, dark & handsome man (don't forget dressed to kill) pulling his bag of "goodies" behind.
As he enters everyone looks up at him and he smiles and I swear his teeth sparkled, he then turns to the ladies in the front office- they all smile at him and they open the little sliding glass window to talk to him. He remembers that one of the ladies had been on vacation and that one had been out sick - just s super duper guy! Well then the bomb is about to drop....................... The office manager ask, "So are you dropping off more Nexium samples for us?" and he says, "Yes, but I also have a new product I would love to talk to Jay about." (You know he and the doc are on a first name basis). The other ladies in the office perk up to see what this might be...... The Office Manager then says "Oh, tell us about it!" and then that perfect mouth opens to reveal those perfect teeth and he replies back..................."I have a brand new Suppository that comes with an Easy ANAL GLIDER!"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Oh my dear, it was bad enough to hear the word Suppository come out of that mouth but then to hear ANAL Glider - I almost laughed out loud!!!! I looked around the waiting room to see if anyone else was listening but they were all knee deep in the current issue of Colitis Weekly.

So to sum this all up - there has got to be a down side to every job. I now know that I could not be a drug rep, at least not one that pushes suppositories with ANAL GLIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I leave you with a picture.......

4 comments:

  1. That is hysterical!! I love it! AND I am so happy you are blogging!!! :) Miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh!!!!!!!!!!! You have got to be kidding me. I would have cracked up! that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...watch the butt talk...some of us have those issues!!!! hehe.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I now have such a visual that I may never get it out of my head!!!! Slick salesman with an even slicker product!
    Karen Parmer

    ReplyDelete