Monday, April 18, 2011

Letterboxing in Pigeon Forge

We took a little mini trip to Pigeon Forge for a long weekend and while we were there we decided to do a little Letterboxing. I love going out finding the boxes in towns we are visiting! We decided to go out on Saturday afternoon which sounded like a good idea but it got so SUPER windy - we had to hang on to Ella, for fear of her blowing away!

We made 2 seperate stops - the first one was in a old cemetery!!! Kinda creepy but super cool! The name was Shiloh Memorial Cemetery. There were graves dating back to the early 1800's - very cool! I am so mad at myself b/c I try and take a picture at every letterbox we find - I forgot the first one!!! It was so dang COLD!!!
Here was is our second find - we had to follow clues to find it hanging in one of the bushes.

And this one was our third find, it was hidden in an old stump under some rocks.
The fourth letterbox was located in a hollowed out hole in the tree - this section was very eerie!


At the next spot we found 2 hiding by The Enloch's
I really do feel a bit funny posing by headstones!

We then hopped in the car to set out for our next hunt. This one was located on a hiking trail behind a trolley parking lot. We got a little soggy at this stop due to all the rain we had on the previous day!


We really love Letterboxing - the kids have so much fun doing it! We are getting ready to hide our first one!!! You will all have to seek out The Quad KEPT!!!!


Here are a couple more pictures that I just liked from our trip that I thought I would share!



Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment