Thursday, April 7, 2011

Raised Bed Garden

I am so super excited about starting a garden. We have talked about it several years but have never taken the time to make it happen! Well as most of you know Keith lost his job about a month ago and we thought while he was at home this would be the perfect opportunity to make it happen! This week is spring break so Keith and the kids are going to build the frame today - here  is how it looks so far....



Do any of you have any secrets about gardens?? Here are the things I would like to grow and if you have any helpful hints to make them successful I would love to hear them!

Green beans, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, sweet potatos, okra and squash

Check out this Cool Potato Tower - I really want to try this:


This is great because it takes up much less room, the potatoes grow up instead of out!

Stay tuned - I hope to document this as we go, or should I say as we GROW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment